2014 Kia Rio 5-door Review: Sculpted to perfection with sporty aerodynamic contours, Kia’s simple sophistication is seen throughout the new 2014 Kia Rio 5-door. Loaded with the most advanced features such as an enhanced lighting design, more cargo space, available leather interior, and available 17-inch machine-finish alloy wheels, work together to complete the pleasing aesthetic. The 2014 Kia Rio 5-door is offered in various trim levels: LX, EX and SX.
Sporty, Stylish, and Everything in Between
The 2014 Kia Rio 5-door is one of the best looking subcompact cars the industry has to offer. The Korean manufacturer has taken German-inspired contours, giving the Rio dynamic lines for an added sporty appearance. To enhance the overall look is a sleek lighting design that adds a curved highlight to Kia’s chrome signature grille.
The leather interior is reminiscent of the most iconic muscle cars, showing off the 2014 Kia Rio 5-door’s refined side. Elegant accents and luxurious touches using premium crafted materials are what complete the look. Front cabin storage and cup holders are well designed, while the rear offers versatile 60/40 split-folding rear seats.
Elite Fuel Efficiency
When it comes to getting from point A to point B with minimal impact on your wallet, the 2014 Kia Rio 5-door will do the job right. The 1.6L GDI engine comes with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission with Sportmatic. The available ECO package allows for an even more superior fuel economy.
2014 Kia Rio 5-door Engine
|1.6L GDI, (6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic with Sportmatic)||138 horsepower and 123 lb-ft of torque|
2014 Kia Rio 5-door Fuel Economy
|Fuel Economy L/100km (MPG)||City||Highway|
|Manual||Up to: 7.5 (31)||Up to: 5.3 (44)|
|Automatic||Up to: 7.5 (31)||Up to: 5.2 (45)|
|ECO package||Up to: 7.3 (32)||Up to: 5.3 (44)|
Your actual fuel consumption will vary based on driving habits and other factors.
Rio 5-door Awards
Known as an industry subcompact leader, the 2014 Kia Rio 5-door has been awarded for its pleasing aesthetic and performance.
- 2013 Ward’s Best Engines
- 2013 Canadian Automotive Jury “Best of the Best” finalist
- 2012 Reddot Design
2014 Kia Rio 5-door | Safety Equipment
The 2014 Kia Rio 5-door has all the industry’s security features, and then some. The following are standard features on all models:
- Dual advanced front airbags
- Dual front seat-mounted side airbags
- Dual side curtain airbags
- Adjustable front headrests
- Electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD)
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Vehicle stability management (VSM)
- Brake assist system (BAS)
- Hill assist control (HAC)
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Impact sensing auto door unlock
- Height adjustable front seatbelts with pre-tensioners
- Lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH)
- Variable intermittent wipers
- Rear window defroster
- The following features are standard in both the EX and SX models:
- Automatic headlights
- Rearview camera
- The following features are standard only in the SX model:
- Automatic rain-sensing windshield
- Automatic defog system
2014 Kia Rio 5-door Warranty
Kia’s warranty covers most of the parts on your 2014 Kia Rio 5-door for up to 100,000 kilometers, giving you peace-of-mind that lasts.
- 5-year/100,000 km – Worry-free comprehensive warranty covering virtually the entire vehicle.
- 5-year/100,000 km – Powertrain Warranty covering the engine, transmission, axles, differentials and driveshafts.
- 5-year/100,000 km – Roadside Assistance covers you in case of mechanical breakdown anywhere in North America.
- 1-year/20,000 km – First-year adjustments covering consumable items such as bulbs, wiper blades, fuses, brake pads, etc.
- 8-year/130,000 km – Major Emission Components that guarantee that the car will conform with government emission regulations.
Some conditions may apply. See authorized Kia dealer for full details in your province. Not all warranty details are covered in this 2014 Kia Rio 5-door Review. For additional information and Extended Kia Warranty options, please contact Kia West in Coquitlam.
2014 Kia Rio 5-door is for Sale in Greater Vancouver, BC
The 2014 Kia Rio 5-door is economical, practical, and easy to park, making it perfect to use in the city or in the suburbs. The added bonus is that will keep as much in your pocket as you will your fuel tank. What more could you ask for?
Kia West is located at 688 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC. If you would like to request more information about the 2014 Kia Rio 5-door or schedule at test drive, stop by your local Greater Vancouver Kia Dealer – Kia West
Disclaimer: Pricing is subject to change without notice, actual price may vary? installed options may also vary by dealer. Price does not include applicable license fees, insurance, registration, tax, freight/delivery, PDI or administration fees. Warranty may be subject to change without notice, actual warranty may vary. Specification may change without notice. See dealership for final pricing, availability, and complete details.